Hiring a birth photographer frees up your support people and ensures you get those important moments captured. Birth & labor are very unpredictable and therefore these are not typical portrait sessions. The lighting may be dim, and planning what’s going to happen can be difficult. I shoot your labor & birth as it unfolds, in a photo-journalistic style. I am sensitive to your needs as a laboring woman and understand my role is to document quietly and unobtrusively. Having been on both sides of the birth process, I also understand which special moments you may want and how to ensure that they are captured forever.
Your birth session includes:
• Maximum 10 hrs of photography for labor, delivery, and post-delivery
• Hi-res printable CD of edited images (most images will be B&W)
• Blog post (Facebook) of your birth story with sneak peeks within a week of delivery
• $50 credit to use towards a portrait session down the road with myself
• **additional hours of photography can be added if necessary for $75/hour
In most cases my time begins when I arrive at your birthing facility (when you are in active labor) and ends 1-2 hours after birth. In the event that your labor & delivery process lasts longer than 10 hours, I reserve the right to end my services after 10 hours if necessary.